Killer Tricks And Tips To Accelerate Your PMP Exam Marathon
Below are helpful tricks and tips collected from useful PMP sites and shared by those who have been in your shoes. Journey yourself throughout them and don’t forget to return and share your thoughts, experience!
Tricks and tips on preparing for the PMP exam:
1. Keep the faith
I am thinking of a Taiwanese drama ‘Love storm’ in which Jie Le, the main lead, always believes in herself and pours out her heart in all she sets out to do. With the said, she attempted to overcome lots of challenges and finally got the heart of the person she loves and believes to be her fate.
Do you want to have such a happy ending for your life and right now for your PMP exam? To keep your faith is the key that creates plenty of myths. Believe in yourself, you can become PMP certified.
2. Read Rita Mulcahy PMP Exam Prep
It’s impossible that everyone sitting for PMP exam hasn’t ever heard about Rita’s PMP® book, the result of long-year experience of PMP exam prep and project management coaching research. This is the most popular PMP book from one survey with 100 PMPs, global best-seller for the PMP exam prep book category. It has received lots of positive reviews. Inside, it covers all the topics required in PMP exam with dedicated focus on helping exam takers pass this exam on the first attempt. Anyone seriously desires to be PMP certified should seriously consider learning with this highly praised book. Remember to practice all the quizzes at each chapter end to define your missing knowledge.
3. Read a copy of PMBOK® Guide
It does help to include a copy of PMBOK® Guide. Guess why? One successful PMP suggests getting the current edition’s copy to read for twice. Highlight key parts for the first time and the second time use flashcards of these highlights. Working out your flashcards daily will help remind yourself of important points in the PMBOK® Guide. This PMP adds that it gives exactly what you need for a powerful reference. You can learn the glossary twice and much to your satisfaction, there’s interesting definitions such as Elapsed Time and Duration. The PMBOK® Guide is the essential to most questions in this exam, and you have to have a thorough grasp of the concepts and terms.
You are recommended to read both books in parallel for the optimal effect and understand the contents instead of memorizing. Otherwise, you may be mesmerized in your real exam (just kidding).
Also, you could find others who are pursuing the PMP certification and review core items in the PMBOK® Guide together. For some people, learning with others is an amazing support during the exam preparation.
4. Try 200 exam practice questions until you’re able to score over 90-95%
Let take at least 10 full-length test practice before the actual PMP exam. Some successful students suggest doing full exams to get yourself used to taking 4-hour exam. Then build on mistakes and analyze why, and discover tips, and the real exam will be much easier. You’re also advised to mark the answers that you guess because perhaps you will guess wrong next time! It’s really good for your exam if you note what you’re incorrect in your practice exams. Then try to grasp why you answered wrong instead of just glossing over. Your deep understanding will avoid your next time recurring mistakes.
5. Take free online test samples
Practising PMP free online sample questions of high quality and accessibility will help identify your missing knowledge beside saving tons of your money and efforts. Specially, test samples of this type often give you a refresher during your commonly stressful exam study period.
6. Take good care of your health
When you are full of energy, learning will be very effective and comforting. That’s why keep up your good health during the course of PMP preparation.
7. Create data dump sheet as the exam comes around the corner
As the exam are just approaching, create a data dump sheet inclusive of core formulas, definitions and others you desire to ensure you remember well for the day of PMP exam. Recreate it because that’s what you’re going to do on the exam day.
8. Utilize your study time
You kindly see nice tips on how to find extra time for your PMP exam study here. Another suggestion is that if you own an iPhone, then download an application that enables your to practice all your ITTO’s. The practice would be lots of fun.
9. Take a timer for yourself
PMP certification holders grasp that four hours fly more quickly than their first thought. Then plan your exam time during the actual exam and check whether you can work out a complete exam sample in such time.. One student shares that she had been practising full exams in around 2.5 hours. Yet, on the exam day, she had below 3 minutes left when she pushed submit. Indeed, she spent far more time on analyzing questions than she had before.
10. Effectively listen to others
One of killer ways to gear up for exams is learning lessons by consulting previous students, sharing your study plans with members of your local PMI chapter to see whether they’re on track, and listening to many, many, as many people sharing their own experience to be a certified PMP as you can.. That way, you will be highly motivated and right at the beginning of your exam study time, you understand the effort put in to do fine on the PMP exam.
Tricks and tips on PMP exam study materials:
1. Read the most updated version of the PMBOK® Guide with others who are going for the PMP certification if possible.
2. Another suggested study material is “Project Management Professional Study Guide (Fourth Edition)” by Joseph Phillips.
Powerful in this study guide is its special offer of interactive quizzes that not only indicates whether you answered correctly or not when you answer each question but also generously give you related reason. Those test quizzes do a great job in introducing how question might be framed on the real exam. Some question seem misleading. For instance, some may provide far more information than needed to answer a question, and you may be required to select the most correct answers from the list of what seem like correct answers in some questions.
Tricks and tips on taking the PMP Exam:
1. Know well where your exam site is located. If you’re living far away from it and find it impossible to drive by, ensure you have trusted directions and know whether there’s construction on the way to the Prometric Test Center. Spare lots of time visiting the site without earning yourself extra stress.
2. Bear in mind to have your two identification forms as it will be necessary for you to prove who you’re so as to sit for the exam.
3. Go to exam with ligh heart and mind. Don’t mentally and physically torture yourself with too much stuff along with you. By so doing, you just indirectly admit that you’re not confident and well prepared enough to pass the exam. Not to mention, you’re not allowed to bring anything into the exam room with you.
4. Don’t worry about taking a computerized exam because there’s an optional tutorial lasting 15 minutes at the beginning of your exam that isn’t counted as your test time. If you’re comfortable sitting for this type of exam, utilize this time to recreate your data dump.
5. If you start feeling uncertain, have a few deep breaths and tell yourself, “everything will be awesome, hwaiting!”, or “you have got this” and continue with your test. Those kinda simple words can surprise you at their killer effect.
6. Answers all the questions you know and don’t spend too much time on difficult questions. Mark those you haven’t answered for follow up. Several later questions/ answers in the exam might help you answer those marked.
7. Trust yourself
Again, keep the faith in yourself. That’s what JYJ, a S. Korean music group, have done and done best. The result has been their endless success in their career and life. If your grade in an exam simulator is about 75-80%, then you can be confident about passing this exam. Gaining self-confidence is one of important strategies to do well on the exam. You want to step in the exam room well knowing that you’re skilled and knowledgeable enough to successfully pass the PMP exam. It will sooth your heart, raise your mood, especially if you haven’t sit for an exam for a long while.
Killer Tricks And Tips To Accelerate Your PMP Exam Marathon
Killer tricks and tips to accelerate your PMP exam marathon are insider secrets generously shared in ways intended for your easiest grasping and applying on your own as well as bettering your knowledge and skills. They can act as an effector and refresher, grounding your knowledge, bolstering your confidence and shortening your exam time. Hope you feel the joy reading and upgrading yourself to those fairly nice tips.